Wednesday, April 1, 2009

My son

A week has gone by since I had my son,Seth. When I had Elizabeth, a week seemed like an eternity and that I would never survive on my own. Would you believe that time has flown by? Each day I look forward to how my son and daughter will interact. I actually don't mind some of the late night feedings. He is just so cute. I never had these feelings with my daughter because of post partem depression. YUCK@! Don't get me wrong, I love my daughter and look forward to things with her as well. I just did not feel that way because of the chemical imbalance that sometimes occurs in women after child birth. This time around I started taking zoloft as soon as he was born. I know some people are about not medicating, but I am and I praise God for them.

This past Sunday we went to church. All of us. I wanted to go but only if I slept well the night before. And I did. Seth slept well, had a few 3-4 hour stretches of sleep. So we went. Many people stopped us and said that I was a super mom for coming. Maybe I am, but I doubt it. The reason why I went was because I hate missing out on anything, even church. I like things that happen on schedule and if it doesn't, it throws me off. Always has. When I was a kid, if a soccer game got cancelled, I was incredibly bummed. Don't know why, just was.

No comments: