Tuesday, July 22, 2008

I tried










Here are some vacation pics. I had a whole page done and then it never got posted? Anyways,we are trying to find stuff to do now that it is so stinkin hot.

The weather got chilly at night. We would go to the beach while dinner was being prepared. Elizabeth would get antsy inside. We had bubbles and they made the beach that much more fun!

The whole purpose for 14 people spending a week together was to honor my grandmother and her 80 years on Earth. My mom's idea was to do a scrapbook for her. MY sister and I spent some time and did it. Before she even saw more than one picture she was in tears. My mom told me this week, that before she goes to bed every night, she looks at the scrapbook. She also is still thinking about it and remembering how much fun she had.

I had a lot of fun but I am pretty sure I don't sit and reminisce like that. We should. So many opportunties with family that fly by and are forgotten. We are just looking forward to the next time when really we should remember the last time. I learned another great lesson while on this trip from my grandmother. This generation is always on the move. Always planning, always doing. I can't remember the last weekend, we did nothing. (actually we did really well this past weekend and I loved it!) For some reason I get all nervous when there is free time. Maybe it is the teacher in me. I knew down time, meant get into trouble time.


I have been going to the beach for as long as I can remember. I remember always loving it. My husband asked me what my hobby was? This was during a discussion of golf. I could not answer him at the time. I then later ( months later) stepped onto a beach, stuck my feet in the water and held back my tears, knowing this is me. The beach is my hobby, my peace, my place to return.

No comments: